23 Jan 2024

CAS Colours & Sketches challenge #529 sketch

 hello crafters!

Here's the first of our monthly sketch challenges at CAS Colours & Sketches, and this lovely challenge was put together by Jeanne. Since Valentine's Day is approaching, maybe this is an opportunity to put some love onto your card. Hope you'll join us in the gallery!

To keep is CAS, I chose to emboss half of the front panel. I thought the little lock and key were so cute, I couldn't resist putting them with the cut out heart. After die cutting them from a stencilled offcut, I rubbed foundry wax on them to make them look metallic. This turned out to be a simple card with no stamping!

The current AAA cards challenge #257 is also CAS with an optional twist of "love is in the air" and the current tictactoe challenge has first column: heart, red, punch or die cut, so I'll post this one in those challenges too!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. We'd love to see your card in the CC&S gallery!

          

  • dies: Alexandra Renke slide frame vertical, Hunkydory ornate heart, Gummiapan safety kit, Honeybee buzzwords
  • embossing: Fiskars texture plate hearts

4 comments:

  1. Rachel I love that your card has a distinctly collage feel yet is so beautifully clean and simple! The detail heart adds a lovely pop of red too. I'm in love with the lock and keys dies - I've been looking for something just like that to pair with a random 'key to my heart' sentiment I have!! A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, the black frame really makes your heart pop. I'm liking the split card concept, that is a lot of fun. Rachel thanks for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards this week and we hope to catch you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a smart take on all the challenges! It's definatley CAS in design, but has so much detail to take in. Great job! I'm so happy you joined us this week at AAA Cards, we love seeing your work and hope you join us again soon! Hugs!
    Kristin Sluhan
    AAA Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cute way to combine these 3 challenges! I love those little dangling keys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts