1 Feb 2023

happy birthday

 hello stampers and happy February!

I wanted to join in with the team at just us girls as it's been a while. They have a CAS challenge this week with the theme 'birthday' - perfect! The paper players also has a sketch theme this week so I used that to lay out my card.

I've had some new little seaside dies from Gummiapan for a little while so thought I'd try them out! I ink smooshed a couple of panels of card with different colours of distress oxide inks, then die cut the seahorses from one, the crab from another and the shells and sentiment from a third. The net was die cut from white card then adhered to a circle die cut from the last inked card panel. The crab and seahorses were adhered with foam squares. Sentiment was stacked 3 times. Love those seahorses' curly tails! 

Many thanks to Chrissie Stokes for the inspiration for this card! Since this was the first time using these dies, I'm also linking up my card to Darnell's fabulous blog, NBUS! Thanks so much for stopping by!

  

9 comments:

  1. I really like this! I have been looking at Gummiapan dies for a while but haven't ventured into buying - simply because I have been stung once for custom duties into the UK (another company) and don't want to get caught again! BUT - I may have to reconsider cos this is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfection, Rachel! I wouldn't be surprised if Gummiapan gets in touch with you to ask if they can use your awesome design to market these cute dies. You are a great smoocher with a wonderful sense of color! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design Rachel! I love the smooching and the layout and the little details like the seahorses tails wrapped around the net - gives a sense of movement to the scene! I have some similar Charlie & Paulchen dies which are still NBUS and you've inspired me to get them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous collection of diecuts Rachel - a perfect little nautical scene and I love the pop of colour of your sentiment and seahorses and shells/crustaceans against the blue and white. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this card since It is beachy and the colors are soooooo bright and cheerful!!! It caught my eye right away! Beautiful CAS card!!!! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes my heart happy!!! Love the beach theme! Thanks for playing over at the Paper Players Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the cutest! What a fun way to use our sketch--your elements are so bright and happy! Love the seaside feel! So happy you played with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card, Rachel! It's a clever use of the challenge sketch - very beautifully done. Even though there's a lot going on with your 'smooshing', it's very clean and spare. I love the 3 little clear dot embellishments! And, yes, the seahorses' tails are cute and cleverly hooked into the net! Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, this fabulous! I love the beach and this speaks to me! So creative! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts