7 Feb 2023

thanks

 hello stampers!

I'm joining in today with the team at tictactoe challenge. I chose the top row: die cuts, gold, and stencil.  For a change, I veered away from a CAS card. But not only that, I also tried out a technique I hadn't tried before - using embossing paste through a stencil!

As I have no embossing pastes, I mixed up my own using aquadhere glue, baby powder and acrylic paint. I thought it would be clever to use 'rich gold' paint but it actually didn't turn out gold, just brownish. It reminded me of autumn leaves so I thought that's what I'll go with! I used the Hero Arts Fall Leaves stencil. After stencilling the texture paste and letting it dry, I lightly blended some red, orange and yellow distress oxide inks over the stencil again, to add some lovely autumn colours to the leaves. 

The Altenew Fancy Thanks die was die cut from gold card and stacked twice. The hexagons were die cut using Hero Arts Infinity Hexagons. The butterfly from the Sizzix Brushstroke Butterflies set was die cut in white and the details were die cut from gold. The final touch was a few tiny die cut gold hearts.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


1 comment:

  1. Rachel... Congrats on a great win! We hope to continue to see you here at Tic Tac Toe often!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts