17 Sept 2024

CAS Colours & Sketches challenge #545 sketch

 hello crafters!

The new sketch challenge at CAS colours and sketches was designed by Nancy.  Such a great design lends itself to so many possibilities - time to get crafting!


I thought I would cut out the horizontal strip, making the die cut word part of the gap. The panel was lightly ink blended, then the trees and the merry were die cut with coloured die cuts inserted in the space. The tiny houses were die cut from stamped card, with contrasting window and door colours. I like how the soft colours still evoke a christmas vibe.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. We'd love to see your card in the gallery!


  • dies: Gummiapan tall trees, tiny houses, Newtons Nook holiday greetings
  • stamps: Darkroom Door woodgrain texture stamp, MFT bitty holiday wishes
  • inks: vintage photo, wild honey, lost shadow, evergreen bough, candied apple, squeezed lemonade distress oxides

1 comment:

  1. Ooo Rachel this is lovely! I really like the cut out detail with the partially inlaid sentiment - such a neat detail (I'm pinning it as I type!) Love the skinny trees and cute houses too, that look so inviting with their lights on in the windows. A fab Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts