11 Apr 2024

forecast

 hello crafters!

I'm joining in today with two challenges - snarkystampers challenge #249 F is for Fold It, and Inkspirational Challenge "Fold".

I don't make fun fold cards often. Well that's not true - this would be the first. Sorry not sorry. After watching several YouTube vids to get the gist, I decided on a z-fold card thinking "I got this". 

Four days and several iterations later, I managed to actually finish the card.  And no-one told me they are a nightmare to photograph cos they just don't want to stay flat.  Now I need to lie down...


The background was watercoloured with distress oxide ink then sprinkled with water, white splatters and stamped with tiny white snowflakes. The snowman die had his first outing and his nose was paper pieced, scarf and beanie die cut from ink smooshed card. 

I love these tiny house dies and couldn't resist adding them, complete with 'illuminated' windows and snowy roof! The sentiment is a Tim Holtz small talk sticker which I thought was perfect for a snowman who no doubt naps all the time... made me giggle.

Thanks for stopping by today!

   

  • dies: Gummiapan snowman, trees, mini houses, MFT clouds
  • stamps: MFT cool day


8 comments:

  1. What a fun, fun-fold card! You've done a lovely job and created a gorgeous card. Love the bit of snark too. Thanks for playing with the sisters, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to be able to follow your blog, Rachel, but can't see any way to do so. Have you thought of adding the Followers gadget? Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well done on your very first fold Rachel - and it's a grand fold! Wonderful landscape of snow and winter snowy sky with your cute little houses and happy snowman! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational: Fold! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hey!!! For a first attempt, this is all kinds of amazing!!
    I love the fold and the scene you've created and of course the snarky sentiment!!
    You rocked it!!
    Thanks for fancy folding with Enda and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so fun!! I love how the fun with the sentiments begins when one opens the folds. Such a great design! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this! And I feel your pain. My fun fold card was not fun at all. ROFL! That sentiment cracks me up. Thanks so much for having the patience to play with the Snarky Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this - it's so cute and funny. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great fun fold, I'm a sucker for snowmen and this one is adorable. Love the sentiment too, I could use it as my motto. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of snarky stampers for the Fold it challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts