17 Oct 2023

CAS Colours & Sketches challenge #523 sketch

  hello lovely crafters!

It's time for the sketch challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches and this time Lucy has proposed a very versatile slimline card design with the detail in the centre half. I don't often do slimline cards, but this design makes it easy to create a slimline card, CAS style. I chose a mini slimline with 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" dimensions.


The background was ink smooshed, then wet stencilled and stamped with the same colour ink. I used a new to me die, cut it several times from white card then ink blended in several colours. I die cut it again from gold paper and just used the pine cone to adhere over the brown inked one.  A few tiny gold stars were adhered in the pine branch. The sentiment was scrabble stickers and the panel was backed with more gold card. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to check out our guestie Deborah's blog. We can't wait to see your creation in our gallery!

  • dies: MFT infinity squares, Couture Creations pine branch
  • inks: evergreen bough, pine needles, vintage photo distress oxides
  • stamps: kaisercraft script
  • stencil: darkroom door brick wall

1 comment:

  1. Rachel the green and gold combo really packs a punch and I love the background you created! The Scrabble sentiment is fun too - I have some of those stickers in my box and you have totally inspired me to get them out and make use of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts