3 Nov 2022

happy birthday

 hello crafters!

I'm playing along with the talented team at CAS Colours & sketches this week where the lovely Cécile  has a colour challenge #494.

I wanted to use a new die I received from Gorgecraft and thought the trees would be lovely in these colours. I inked some card and die cut the trees. It was also die cut from a panel of Kraft which had acetate adhered to the back and then mounted on foam tape onto the card base. The acetate allowed the die cut to be adhered in the cutout - some of those trees are spindly! The Gummiapan happy birthday was stamped on an offcut from the inked panel using versamark and white heat embossed, then mounted on foam tape.

Since the die is new to me, I'm also entering this in Darnell's terrific blog NBUS. Sending hugs, Darnell!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

          

6 comments:

  1. Hugs back, Rachel! Great to see you! I love your design which is perfect for the color challenge! I've got a couple of similar dies that have that spindly outline bit and it's a bear to work with, so I appreciate the tip! I also appreciate that you linked and inspired everyone at NBUS! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the pop of color against the kraft background. Thanks for sharing with us over at NBUS. Bonnie guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card!! I love the partial die-cut inlay, so so clever!! Thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This inlaid tree line-up is absolutely gorgeous. And I love the subtle way you used the required colors. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree die cutting is so delicate and beautiful. Nice coloring! Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a pretty card so beautifully CAS and such a great dersign.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts