21 Jun 2024

you've got this

 hello lovely crafters!

I'm joining in today with the talented team at inkspirational where they have a mood board this challenge. I love the colours on the board, so I went with them and used a nautical theme. I also used circle shapes from the board which (in keeping with the nautical theme) reminded me of looking through portholes!

The sea was gently watercoloured and the sky ink blended. Some little clouds and a mountain were die cut and adhered. I die cut some circles out of another panel and laid the panel over the top of the inked piece with foam tape for dimension. The little sailboats were die cut from white then paper pieced over the top with card in the board colours, with one sailboat sail being made from tiny die cut strips of coloured card. Lastly they were adhered with foam squares. The sentiment was shaped and stamped in an arc to mimic the circle.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

  • dies: Gummiapan sailboat, MFT petite clouds, icebergs
  • stamps: Altenew sentiment strips


4 comments:

  1. What a creative 'port hole' design to view your beautiful sailboats sailing by Rachel! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Mood Board! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to glimpse the ocean scene through the circles - love it! Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this; I feel like I'm on a cruise! Thankyou for sharing with us at INk~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel...dropping by to let you know your fabulous card is a Top Pick over at Inkspirational. Congratulations! Thank you for joining us; hope you'll have an opportunity to play in our current Use Stencils challenge.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts