18 Apr 2023

CC&S challenge #509 sketch

 hello lovely stampers!

It's time for the sketch challenge at CAS Colours and sketches and ValĂ©rie has proposed an interesting sketch on a slimline card.


The inspiration for this card was Jo Rice from Lavinia Stamps. If you have a chance, spend some time watching her videos - they're always inspiring!

I began by cutting the card base and front panel. I admit I had to check on the size of a slimline card as I don't often make them - the most popular size is 3 1/2" x 8 1/2" which is quite a big area! I cut the front panel 3" x 4", which leaves so much glorious white space!

I began by ink blending around the edge of the base and panel. Then some ink was blended over a stencil held over both panel and card base. The stamps were applied just to the card panel. 

The sentiment was die cut from inked card, clear heat embossed and stacked twice. Lastly the butterfly was stamped with a coordinating colour.

Thanks so much for spending some time with me today and we hope to see your card in our gallery!

  • dies: gummiapan happy birthday
  • stencil: Lavinia stamps elegance
  • inks: bundled sage, dried marigold, carved pumpkin, mowed lawn, aged mahogany distress oxides
  • stamps: Lavinia stamps mini seed head, mini flutter, foliage set, woodland fern, altenew wildflower doodles

3 comments:

  1. Rachel this is so beautiful and the corner detail over both layers is a lovely way to add interest and detail to a CAS card. I've never seen any of Jo Rice's work but I'm thinking I will go and take a look! A gorgeous card for this week's sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely!! I love the stenciled pattern and the stamped images!! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a terrific idea, very artistic and beautiful! Awesome inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts