15 Jun 2022

Perfectly CAS June challenge #28

 hello there crafters!

It's time for the next challenge at Perfectly CAS and for this month the theme is: one quarter. 

This means we want you to make a card that has just 1/4 of the card panel covered, with 3/4 as blank space. Sounds easy, doesn't it?

I decided to use a square card base - something different for me, but I guess I reasoned using 1/4 should be easier on a square shape 😉. To begin I calculated 1/4 of my 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch card base. I cut out this size which was 2 3/4 in square, from white card. This square I scored in 1/8 inch lines then splattered with black ink diagonally through the centre. Another square the same size was stamped with background writing and was die cut to get a picture frame effect. Then I embossed it with a subtle design. This was popped up on thin foam to allow some room for the leaf sprays. 



Some ink smooshed card was die cut with leaf sprays and adhered in one corner, under the frame. The 'happy' was die cut from black card and adhered towards the top, and the 'birthday' word was stamped, trimmed and edged in black, then adhered with foam to sit over the frame.

All of the components sit within the 2 3/4 inch square which is perfect because it keeps it all inside 1/4 of the card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by - we can't wait to see your creations in our gallery!

  • stamps: kaisercraft script, altenew sentiment strips
  • dies: hero arts infinity squares, mft in focus florals, mft fab foliage, newtons nook holiday greetings
  • inks: salvaged patina distress oxide, memento tuxedo black, versafine clair nocturne
  • embossing: SU subtle 3D embossing folder

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this design and the colors. So striking!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts