4 May 2022

crazy

 hello lovely stampers!

I have a sweet card for you today. I'm playing along with the sisterhood and their latest challenge #209: U is for Underwater.

I've had this stamp set for a little while now but this is the first time using this meece stamp. And yes, it was more than a little fiddly to stamp cleanly 😏. I ended up stamping the meeces in 3 different colours in my MISTI finally settling on black soot oxide ink for a slightly washed out black look (they are underwater after all!). 

The background is ink smooshed with 3 different blue hues of oxide ink. I think it was about 6 layers of inking and drying! I watercoloured their hats with abandoned coral oxide ink which really popped against the blue. The sentiment was popped up on tiny foam strips. The panel edges were ink blended with black soot and also chipped sapphire.

I'm entering this in Darnell's fabulous NBUS blog too! Hope you're doing well, Darnell! x

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

  • stamps: stampendous birthday splash, darkroom door under the sea
  • inks: tumbled glass, chipped sapphire, blueprint sketch, abandoned coral, pumice stone, weathered wood, pine needles, black soot distress oxides
  • sentiment: Tim Holtz snarky small talk sticker


7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Rachel. I am doing great! Well, actually, a minute ago I was wiping tears off my keyboard from laughing so hard at your super fun design! I have those sediments and sometimes get them out just to entertain myself, but what really karacked me up is the pairing of those meeces wearing birthday hats UNDERWATER with the sediment! Very clever design! It goes to the top of my Funniest Cards of 2022 list! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling party mice swimming for all they're worth, Rachel - love this!! So glad you shared at NBUS 38! Linda - Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your swimming mice - what a fun design! Thanks for playing with the sisterhood, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I love the selective colouring of the meece hats and the great underwater background. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I think black soot oxide was a great choice for underwater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your clever take on our challenge. (You've now got me thinking I need to find some unusual critters to take the plunge.) Really beautiful too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Underwater House Mouses????
    Soooo very awesome :D
    Thanks so much for going underwater with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts