29 Apr 2022

hugs

 hello lovely stampers!

The talented team at the card concept have a new inspiration pic to use for their latest challenge and I couldn't resist joining in.

I wanted to do a cas card for this one - life is a little busy atm and all those glorious flowers in the pic, while stunning, kept sending me off on tangents with a million ideas! So I went with a very simple layout. I was inspired by the window, the soft blue and bright green colours, and the beautiful fluffy Queen Anne's Lace flowers.

I began by white heat embossing the flowers using SU Queen Anne's Lace stamp set. Then the window was stencilled with distress oxide using Scrapmatts windows stencil. The stems of the flowers were then stamped. I decided the flowers needed more oomph so I white heat embossed them again, slightly offset to make them look bigger. 


The sentiment from Paper Rose Hugs Fine Script die set was die cut 3 times, once from ink blended card, stacked then adhered to the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


3 comments:

  1. Cas at it's finest, Rachel! The dimension on the Queen Anne's lace is stunning. Glad you joined us at the Card Concept with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Rachel. Love the color you added. Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts