4 Aug 2024

happy birthday

 hello crafters!

I saw the challenge at inkspirational this week and thought of one of the few embossing folders I have called 'woodland'. Perfect!

I used the technique where some ink is brayered onto one side of the folder and then it's run through to emboss the card - I did this twice with different coloured inks. Unfortunately for me, the second time I ran it through, I snapped the folder  :(  Has anyone else had this happen? what a pain. Maybe it was getting a bit old and brittle. Anyway, I may be on the hunt for a new one *sigh*

I had planned on running it through 3 times with different inks, but ended up adding the third colour with some ink smooshed die cuts instead. I love how the different colours add so much dimension to the embossing.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

  • dies: Paper Rose little foliage, Gummiapan butterflies, Spellbinders A2 matting basics
  • embossing folder: SU woodland
  • stamp: Gummiapan happy birthday
  • inks: chipped sapphire, salvaged patina, wild honey distress oxides

2 comments:

  1. Oh no - the folder broke! Hope you find another, as this is a great design and the butterflies and flowers make it very pretty. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational .

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad your folder broke, it was a pretty one. Lucky you got a superb card before it was too late. Great effect with the different colored inks. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts