20 Feb 2024

CAS Colours & Sketches challenge #531 sketch

 hello lovely crafters!

It's time for our monthly sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches, and this sketch was put together by Michal. I thought this design was perfect for CAS cards and lends itself to many simple ideas! Although it's presented as a landscape card, feel free to flip the design to make it portrait.


I wanted to use up some ink smooshed backgrounds that are gradually multiplying by mopping up every time I ink something, so I chose this pink background. I stencilled over the top and also stencilled a white card the same. The sentiment was die cut twice and stacked, and the little word stamped on an offcut from the white stencilled card. The little bouquet was die cut and popped up on foam squares. 

I'm a little surprised how pretty this one turned out - I'm not usually a fan of pink, blues being more my thing, but I'm quite liking this.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. We'd love to see your card in the gallery!


  • dies: Gummiapan dahlias, Honeybee bitty buzzwords
  • stencil: Lavinia elegance
  • stamps: MFT bitty holiday wishes
  • inks: speckled egg, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberries distress oxides

1 comment:

  1. Rachel this is so pretty (I love the pink!) and above all the layering of the stencilling and ink smooshing adds so much detail and interest - I can't stop looking at it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts