20 May 2022

for you

 hello stampers!

I am playing along with the talented team at CAS colours and sketches this week where they have a colour challenge #470.

I wanted to use a new embossing folder from Sizzix along with some Tim Holtz distress foundry wax in Sterling silver. Totally new to me and I found it pretty amazing! I began by embossing a small card piece with Sizzix 3D texture fades embossing folder Mini Foundry. Then I added some foundry wax in Sterling to make it look industrial. The foundry wax is highlighted by heat embossing. It really brings out the texture and adds a lot of shine!


I used MFT In Focus Florals and MFT Fab Foliage die sets to die cut some leaf sprays from some card roughly inked up with 2 colours from Altenew Cerulean Skies ink cubes. The flowers also got a little coating of foundry wax for the silver look. I used MFT Bitty Banner Alpha die set for the sentiment.

I'm also linking this card with Darnell's NBUS blog as the embossing folder and foundry wax are new. So happy to see you're back in the swing of things, Darnell!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

      




4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous spray atop that metallic embossed panel, Rachel - love this! So glad you shared at NBUS! Linda May Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Rachel! I love the embossed metallic silver panel and your card has so much wonderful texture yet is still beautifully clean. Thanks for playing over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The silver panel in the background is simply eye catching. Love the mixed media feel of your design. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I love that you created texture on the silver piece! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts