27 Feb 2022

birthday

 hello crafters!

This week the lovely Cecile from freshly made sketches has a sketch for challenge #524

I am a big fan of Cecile's work and can only aspire to have a fraction of the elegance and subtlety she puts in her cards. I had to join in this challenge!

I began by stencilling using Paper Rose Leaves stencil with pine needles distress oxide ink, and then die cut a square using Hero Arts Square Infinity die set. The bird house was die cut twice using Paper Rose Bird Houses die set in yellow and white and the yellow roof and heart were given a wink of Stella for shine. The birds were die cut from the same set, the blue ones using a scrap of ink blended card. The sentiment from Paper Rose Tiny Forest stamp set was stamped directly on the white card base with mustard seed distress oxide ink.

I love this bird houses die set and since it just arrived in the mail this week, I'll enter this card in Darnell's NBUS blog!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Don't sell yourself short, Rachel! I think you did a marvelous job with this take on the sketch! You've captured all the elements and I love your sweet birdhouse design! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts