18 Aug 2026

CAS Colours & Sketches challenge #592 colours

 hello stampers!

Amanda is our host at CAS Colours & Sketches and she has chosen a fabulous colour combo! 

I recently received this Eiffel Tower die as part of a mystery pack of dies (love the mystery packs!). How gorgeous is this die? Happily, it's always been one of my favourite images (don't ask how many things in my home have an Eiffel Tower image lol) and I recently read that it was finally again painted in the original yellow-brown colour that Mr Eiffel himself chose. I decided to pay respect to this choice with Pecan Pie!

The flowers are part of the die, so I die cut it 3 times - once in each colour, cutting away the sections to leave pink flowers and blue leaves, then adhered them. The centre flower was die cut again and layered with foam to make it pop. The sentiment was stamped in the same blue.

*I was also fortunate enough to spend several days in Paris last month after my holiday to the UK, so it was literally a few weeks ago that I was gazing up at the Eiffel Tower and admiring the new colour. Ah Paris... 💕

Thanks so much for stopping by - we'd love to see your card in our gallery.

 

  • dies: Uniquely Creative eiffel tower
  • stamps: Newtons Nook peony blooms
  • inks: seedless preserves, picked raspberry, faded jeans distress oxides
  • 1 comment:

    1. What a fabulous die to get in a mystery pack Rachel - I love the filigree detail, especially the tiny heart at the top! I didn't realise the Eiffel Tower had been recently repainted - might be time to visit to check it out!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

    popular posts