23 May 2024

autumn leaves

 hello crafters!

I'm playing along today with the latest Inkspirational challenge where the theme is the 'spotlight technique'.  It's been a while since I used this technique on a card, but I do love the results. 

I used an unbranded tree die, cut in white, then again for just the central part from an ink smooshed panel. This piece I then proceeded to stamp randomly with red, orange and yellow tiny spots and splashes. The trunks were ink blended brown. This was adhered to a stitched die cut panel that was watercoloured in blue, and I added some ink blending in green and a tiny ink smooshed birdie to finish off the spotlighted colour panel. Lastly, stamped and die cut the Gummiapan sentiment.

It's late Autumn here atm, and seeing the trees in a blaze of riotous colour is truly a beautiful sight. Thanks so much for stopping by.





5 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun way to execute the spotlight technigue! This has given me ideas, thannk you for that! Love the white on white die cuts and your scene looks wonderful too. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny to think of you in autumn and I am in spring heading for summer! What a beautiful spotlight panel you created Rachel - love the fall coloring on your die cut trees! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Rachel - such a clever way to use the spotlight technique. Your coloured panel stands out beautifully against the white and I love the way you coloured your trees too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous, textured effect - even with your account of how you made it , I still can hardly work out how you achieved such a great effect! Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Rachel...dropping by to let you know that your stylish autumn scene spotlight card is a Top Pick over at Inkspirational! Congratulations - and thank you for sharing your creativity with us. Hope you'll play in our current challenge: Frames. If you've already done so, thank you!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts