4 Jun 2023

love

 hello stampers!

I find myself with some spare time today so thought I'd craft and enter a couple of challenges. This one is for justusgirls colour challenge and I used the sketch from freshlymadesketches this week.

I began by ink blending pumice stone and tumbled glass distress oxide inks. Then I partially embossed SU woodland embossing folder over the blue half. I used Alexandra Renke dies (new to me and so awesome!) for the film strips, honeybee stamps die for the sentiment, memory box mini intricate butterflies die for the tiny butterflies and Tim Holtz brushstroke butterflies for the larger one. The large butterfly was also clear heat embossed on the purple details. Finished it off with a few dew drop gems.

Since this is my first time using the Alexandra Renke dies I'm also linking this to Darnell's fabulous NBUS blog. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! So glad you had time to play and joined us at the gallery for CTD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I love the texture and the die cuts! Now I'm off to check out those Alexandra Renke dies and the Tim Holtz butterfly one! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches and for being a new enabler for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel... the partial embossing is amazing and so effective with your lovely new dies! Fab card! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out awesome! I love that butterfly with a touch of purple the blended background looks amazing also. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing take on the sketch, Rachel! The two-part background is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining in at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very artsy, Rachel, and I love it! I love the colors and the composition and how you made all those companies play beautifully together! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts