16 May 2022

thank you

 hello lovely stampers!

I have been trying out a new to me technique I learnt from Chris Stokes on my cards lately and thought I'd change it up a little for this card made for the card concept challenge #175. The talented team chose such a gorgeous pic for inspiration!

The inspiration pic reminded me of some scraps of glossy paper I had left from a previous project. Aren't the soft and romantic colours just to die for? I was inspired by the colours, the rose, the circle shapes and the twine to make my cas card.

I die cut a circle from the paper using Hero Arts Infinity Circles, and then fussy cut a couple of the central rose. The circle was adhered to the card base so that the main rose was in the exact centre of the card panel, then I adhered one of the roses to the circle so it peeked out the side. The final rose was adhered to scrap card and I die cut the leaf sprays using MFT In Focus Florals die set.  The die cuts were adhered (perfectly) in place over the rose. The sentiment was stamped using SU Loyal Leaves with 2 colours of distress oxide ink. To finish, some linen twine and a few dew drops were added.

Thanks so much for spending some time with me today!

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty clean-and-simple card! So happy you linked up to The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card Rachel :) Love this technique and the soft colors are perfect with it. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concepts. Karen K (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning....I just keep looking at it over and over, it's so pretty! A perfect take on our Card Concept inspiration photo--thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for spending some time with me today!

popular posts